Sunday, March 13, 2005

Social Cycles

How much do twenty/thirty - somethings spend (in time, money and energy) on going out with friends, getting a few drinks, dancing, getting a few more drinks, getting a quick bite when going home and somewhere between the ride home to the next morning, wondering why we just did all of that. Now, this is not one of those Sunday mornings for me, but I was thinking about it because I just got off the phone with one of my friends who downloaded this thought process to me. I have had the thought myself many times, yet I find myself occasionally slipping into this pattern. Now, the urban social dweller would argue that these things are a part of socialization and my rants to the contrary or dismissing these efforts as a waste of time are somehow representative of a developing conservatism. I would say not so, that perhaps we need be a little more creative in our social outlets and that too much emphasis is placed on the city "bar" scene as a focus of our means of meeting and interaction with new people, friends and the like. Now, to everyone out there that follows moderation, these thoughts are not applicable to you, for we all need our vices, but as someone that does not prescribe well to such a "balanced" approach, I say to all those that can hear what I am talking about and find themselves in a pattern, how about something new? Ideas? I will leave that to you.

No comments: