Sunday, March 13, 2005

Talk show advice, the good, the bad and the in-between: Office Romance

These thoughts are not for those who have been successful in inter-office romances, it is for the rest of us that have tried and failed. Enter morning talk shows; was watching "Today" this morning. Psychologist Dr. Gail Saltz is suggesting "the rules" for dating in the workplace, my point is there are a million places and ways to meet people, why should the workplace by a place by which we suggest to meet others? Can't we have some limits and boundaries to the way we live? Dr. Saltz's breakdown was on the "do's" and "don'ts". I say that relationships in the workplace serve to breakdown the professionalism and the decorum that is necessary in business and are usually not a good idea for many obvious reasons. Now I hardly want to criticize and put down the many people that have found their loves in such settings, I guess what I am saying is that I wish the message being downloaded on this morning's national television would be that we should have some boundaries in our lives. If you want to date, meet someone outside the office. The complication of dating someone you work with doesn't need my description.

No comments: