Thursday, September 22, 2005

Music.

I listen to songs repeatedly. I get ideas to pursue things and change my mind. I wake up at 4 in the morning and write email. I am hard on myself; I do not like making the same mistakes twice. I leave my iron on when I walk out of my apartment. I like ice cream for breakfast. Have early, mid-day or late night conversations. Enjoy waking up early, but still managing to sleep in. I like to write, sometimes directly, sometimes for a glimpse.


I like people who notice. That save text messages. Who understand. Who offer things when they are missing (a thought, a gift or even p.b. and jelly). Who show their interest. Who have big hearts. Who listen to music. People who do not talk about work so much. Speak other languages. Like to travel. Who contradict themselves. Who are there when you need them. Who do not let you down. Who can make you feel special. Who give as much as they receive. From whom you learn. Make you better. Make you feel strong. Who appreciate you for who you are -- the good and the bad and fight to include you. Who make mistakes, but recognize them and apologize. Who conjure cliche, but with so much more meaning.


Somewhere in between there is balance, we like to say. Between differences, searching for common ground. We learn that there is no perfect ending or fairy tale, that we work to make things happen. What do we cherish? For whom do we fight?


I have been in a mood this week. Looking at things in new ways, maybe more honestly.


I listen to songs repeatedly.

No comments: