Thursday, April 29, 2010

England

Since childhood, England has been a second home. In fact, I have spent more time in England than I have my native United States . . . I landed at Heathrow this afternoon and started thinking about this. It's funny, in so many ways I am the quintessential American, heavily influenced by my military upbringing and conservative parents, but I believe it inevitable that I have been influenced significantly by this country though very separate from me, has been such a big part of my life.

I have essays to write this evening and though I would rather be exploring a new bar in London or having a talk with friends while walking along the Thames and overlooking Parliament, I am content as I am back in this country I have great affection for and look forward to what adventures remain.

No comments: