Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Via Olimpia

This is a great part of Sao Paolo. Monday night was out with 2 colleagues, we had a never ending meal and cocktails; the local favourite is the capriana. Now, I made the mistake of not respecting this drink -- as an avid martini drinker, I question most. Well, 3 later and I was throughly making a fool of myself, not that it takes much.

After dinner we headed to a little cafe where some live music was playing. After making an appearance the music shifted from Portuguese to English for the rest of the night! I requested Billy Joel over and over again, but was greeted with some of my other favourites: Journey, Aerosmith, Chicago and the like. I managed to avoid dancing, to the entertainment of others, but singing along in tone deaf sounds was of course required.

No comments: